Monday, November 27, 2006

 

Why Self Talk Doesn't Work, And How It Can...

Why Self Talk Doesn't Work, And How It Can
Have you ever wondered why your positive self-talk seems to yield no consistent positive results or change?

Self-talk performed with thinking, analyzing, wondering, worry and expectation has no positive energy within it. And let's face facts, most people read in a book or have someone tell them that if they Think a certain way and repeat certain phrases that they will change their life.

And they are right!

Except they forgot to tell you that You need to believe it when you say it. Not only that, you need to Feel it when you say it. Yes, it's the conviction and belief behind your words that contain the tranforming energy.

Self-talk is a very potent, life transforming therapy when you sincerely apply it with feeling. And then when you get in the feeling you remain there as much as possible. You allow that feeling energy to stay with you--in your doing.

You can repeat, "I want to feel good, I intend to feel good, I want to be pain-free" and get absolutely no benefit from it. However, you can say to yourself, "I intend to feel good, I intend to feel myself walking/running in a healthy, balanced way, I love how free and open my body feels when I exercise, I'm excited by the freedom of moving openly and freely"

Now, if you get into that feeling place where you feel the openness, the free-ness and alive-ness of being in that place--guess what? you are generating and attracting energy that will transform you healing experience.

Words with no emotion/feeling have no power, in fact they lead to doubt and fear lack of faith...Let your thts, your self-talk lead you into a place where you can feel the positive energy (feelings)...It's the feelings that transform you.

Monte Hueftle
http://www.runningpain.com
monte@runningpain.com

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogroll Me!